Sunday, April 16, 2017

We're already there

Some years ago I was painting a house with a few friends.  We were giving a hand to another friend who was about to move into this house.  While engaged in this work among friends I had a particular intuition or perception.  I perceived, in some way, that this was heaven.  We were already there.

At the time, I held certain religious convictions and believed this experience to be an intuition of what was to come.  This was mistaken.  My interpretation at the time was not faithful to the content of the experience.  The experience wasn't pointing beyond itself to another world or to some future fulfillment.  The content of the experience was precisely that this, now is heaven.

I've had many experiences in my life that might be described as transcendental or metaphysical, but none with the precise content of the experience described above.  However, the experience above serves as a reminder that every beautiful, meaningful experience should be cherished, and we should pursue and cultivate those experiences were we find the most meaning and beauty.  Because this is it.  We're already there.

“There is another world, but it is in this one.”
-Paul Éluard



We are what we can create

Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here. - Interstellar The human species was not meant to die on Earth.  This claim ...